Payment options to help you:
At Palmetto Regional Emergency Hospital for Animals, it is our standard policy that payment is due at the time of service. We charge an examination fee, and if anything additional is required, one of our trained staff will review an estimate of services for your pet's individual health plan. At PREHA, you are in control of your pet's treatment; it's our policy to provide the level of health care that each owner has selected and agreed to.
We accept payment in the form of cash, local checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and CareCredit.
If an animal requires hospitalization, we ask for a deposit equal to two-thirds the amount of the lower range of the treatment plan that the doctor has created for your pet. This is due when you leave your animal in our care. The balance, if any, is due when your pet is retrieved at the end of its stay with us.
Due to the nature of our business, we cannot offer payment plans or billing. However, we do understand that emergency expenses for veterinary care can feel overwhelming. That is why we offer CareCredit to qualified individuals.
With CareCredit, qualified individuals will receive:
• An exclusive line of credit for your pet care expenses, freeing your cash and major credit cards for other purchases.
• An easy solution to the dilemma of whether to accept costly treatment for a pet.
• Flexible, low monthly payments with no up-front costs.
• The choice of several payment plans, so you can use the one that best fits your needs.
• No application fee, no annual fees, and no pre-payment penalties.
Applying for CareCredit is quick and easy. Apply for CareCredit online or call
(800) 365-8295. The process from application to decision takes only a few minutes.
Focus on Pet Apps
Red Cross app helps pet owners through emergencies. Click on the photo above for more information.
CareCredit etc links
Need to apply for CareCredit?
To learn more select the link below.
AVMA link to organizations that provide financial assistance to pet owners as well as other helpful information: (copy and paste in your browser)